Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ahh Thursday...

Since this is like the first consecutive bloggie I've written I figure I should tie in yesterday's with a little side note so you 3 people that read this know I am consistent. I didn't see a stingray yesterday although I did sorta get a headache from staring at water for 20 minutes. Bummer all around.

Aaaaanywhom, Did you ever think that you should have lived in another decade? I think about that all the time. A couple weekends ago we saw Public Enemies with Johnny Depp. Well, it was starring Johnny Depp, I didn't go see it with him. Although it would have made for a much more interesting bloggie. I really want to live in the late 20's early 30's. Granted, I am basing this wholly on the History Channel, books and movies, but just feel very connected to times that are not the present. I love the aesthetic of the 20's thru the 50's. It's something that has always been with me I think. I remember watching movies like Roger Rabbit (super stylized late 40's) or even Indiana Jones (WWII times) and thinking about the dress and language - just a feeling that things were different. It seemed like everything had more character. Obviously I enjoy the freedoms that I have today and I have no doubt that it was some tough living during the first 50 years of the 1900's. I know I could end up being some subservient little wife to a guy that treats me like a slave and I would probably just have to take it. BUT I could also have been one of those ladies that bucked the system. I could have been an Emelia Earhart or Eleanor Roosevelt. Hell I could have been a criminal(waaaay more likely)like Bonnie Parker. I mean look at this pic of her:That chick knew what she wanted out of life...and it was a good car and good man and someone else's money. I can totally get behind that!

I'd just like to see what it was like to live in a time where everything took a little more effort and you had to pay attention to the little things. Where daily struggles actually made you stronger and more inventive. Sure, maybe you only lived to be 38 but think of all the fun you had during those 38 years. I think I'll try to take that mentality and shove it into today's time. I'll just pretend like it's 1934 or 1947. So don't be alarmed if you see me running around with hair that took me 4 hours to do with a bag of money screaming "I'll fill you full of daylight you dirty copper! I'll fit you for a Chicago overcoat, I own this apple!"

"All my life I wanted to be a bank robber. Carry a gun and wear a mask. Now that it's happened I guess I'm just about the best bank robber they ever had. And I sure am happy."
John Dillinger

You shred it, wheat.

No comments: