Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Babies, time and the things I need to do

My boss's wife is having a baby today and I have been thinking about it all morning. I was thinking about how my mom already had my sister at my age and had me before she was 30. That seems insane to me because of where I am in my life. Sure in 1977 things were different and she is way more organized than I will ever be but still. I really abhor the whole "I can barely take care of myself...blah blah blah" But sometimes it feels like truer words were never spoken. I mean it's not like I would let the kid sit in a closet and starve or anything, I know how to take care of a child but I get scared for my boss just thinking about it. Being responsible for another tiny life? I freak out now and think that my pup is sick with some terrible illness every damn day. And she is totally healthy. I wonder if I will feel more prepared when the time comes. I wonder if you ever feel prepared for that.

So that got me thinking about the passage of time. How time seemed to go so slowly thru high school (probably because I hated it) and these days it seems like it is flying. But then on a Friday afternoon before you have an awesome weekend planned time will seem to stop. And while you are banging your head on your desk in frustration your friend could be scrambling to try and get something finished - watching the clock like it is going double fast. It is weird that time is such an established thing, old as...well...time and yet it can feel so wishy-washy.

So that got me thinking about the things I want to do in my life. So I started to make a list. All the things- little and big that I would like to do, see, experience, become. It was interesting how many things I thought of once I got started. Someday I hope to get thru them all. Or at least a huge chunk of them. But today as I look at the clock moving EXTRA slow...all I want is this. Me, Momo and Mike sitting right here:

1 comment:

無料提供!!情報商材・商品徹底分析!!(初心者向け) said...

Nice to meet you, look at your blog sympathy.
You may ask. Please link.

http://vuitton-miumiu.blogspot.com/