Friday, May 9, 2008

Bring me the funny!

I was going to go with the inevitable "bringing funny back" title. But then I realized there might be a paper thin chance that someone other than Mike actually reads this. So I thought the association to Justin Timberlake could be a potential deal breaker for my growing (fingers crossed) audience. Hence the non pop culture referenced title.

Good.
Now that we have that taken care of.

I had the scariest dream last night. An no...this isn't going to be a bloggie all about my freaky ass dreams. Although it could be if I wanted it to be...cause it is my spot o' blog and I shall do with it what I wish. Anyway...this dream was so scary when I woke up from it I woke Mike up from a dead sleep and made him check out the apartment. I was really scared. I had to snuggle up next to him and momo even tho there is a freak heat wave happening in the Bay Area and it was like 9 million degrees in our bedroom. I can't even remember what it was about except there was an apartment building and freaky people after me. The weird thing is that I think I have had this dream before. Reoccurring nightmares are such a bitch. I was surprised tho by the severeness of the dream only because last night was my favorite night of the week. It was Thursday and that is a good TV night. And no I am not talking about Lost you losers. That show sucks...get over it.

I'm so happy that shows are back to being truly funny again. Before this new line up started I couldn't remember when I had actually laughed out loud at a sitcom. Obviously leaving out certain exceptions like "Arrested Development" and "The Simpsons". Shows like "My Name is Earl", "The Office", "30 Rock"...these shows are reaffirming my belief that TV can be really funny. Even SNL has been funny lately. And I'm not talking about cheap laughs. I'm talking about laugh out loud funny. This makes me happy. Don't get me wrong...I love my drama. Law and Order will always top my list. But who doesn't have a soft spot in their hearts for some good ole' fashioned 1/2 hour of funny?

(quote from 30 Rock) Liz:

Hi. I'm really sorry about what I did, and I know that you can't forgive me, but just to even things out, here's all my weird secret stuff. I have been sexually rejected by not one, but two guys who later went to clown college. I get super nervous whenever I hear a vacuum cleaner because when I was a kid my mom used to turn on the vacuum to drown out the sound of her and my dad fighting, which is why I rarely vacuum my apartment, like never. I have had three donuts so far today. Once in college, I pooped my pants a little bit at a Country Steaks all-you-can-eat buffet and I didn't leave until I finished my second plate of shrimp. A couple months ago, I went on a date with my cousin. Wow... I am a mess. There is an 80% chance in the next election that I will tell all my friends that I'm voting for Barack Obama but I will secretly vote for John McCain. Here's one, when I was a kid I used to put on my fanciest nightgown and then I would mix orange soda and cream soda in a champagne glass and sit in the dark and watch The Love Boat. Consequently, I have some weird sexual fantasy stuff about Gopher from The Love Boat. And I lied, I have had five donuts today. So that's my deal, now we're even.

Classic.

The other thing about this new trend that makes me happy is the emergence of hilariously funny female comedic writers and actors. Like my own personal favorites Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. And my quickly rising idol Kristin Wiig. These ladies personify funny in a way that makes you have to respect them. And I love them for it. They aren't ditzy funny, skanky funny, or bitchy funny. They are just funny. Yay for funny!

And I am sorry to you Lost people for calling your show stupid (no I'm not) and by the way...Heroes sucks too! HAHA

No comments: